The ISKCON Disciples Course is a training program which deepens devotees understanding of guru-tattva and guru pādāśraya within the multiple guru environment of ISKCON. Designed for new devotees preparing to take initiation in ISKCON, the course is also recommended for leaders, preachers councilors and educators in ISKCON. The course was developed under the direction of the Guru Services Committee, with the combined efforts of leading educators in ISKCON. The course is based on the teachings of Śrīla Prabhupāda and current ISKCON Law and gives reference to the writings from the broader Gauḍīya Vaiṣṇava tradition. The 14 lessons include Power point presentations, interactive workshops and assessment exercises.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE ISKCON DISCIPLES COURSE:
- Guru-tattva and the Guru-paramparā System
- Śrīla Prabhupāda ISKCON Founder Ācārya and Preeminent Guru
- Types of Gurus
- Relationship between ISKCON Guru and ISKCON Authorities
- Gurus outside of ISKCON
- Selecting a Guru
- Following Initiation Vows
- Guru-pūjā and Vyāsa-pūjā
- Worship of ISKCON Gurus
- Guru-vapu and -vāṇī seva
- Developing Cooperative Relationships in a multi guru environment.